Happy New Year! It’s only Day 2 of 2015, but I’m already feeling the hope, change, & excitement of the upcoming year. One of my hugest unofficial New Year’s Resolutions is to BLOG MORE!! Long before I started TPTing , I LOVED reading blogs so much that I decided to create my own. This poor little piece of my world needs some TLC! So, like many seasoned bloggers, I adding some structure to my post and beginning my first weekly series. Things I’m Loving Friday! My love of blogging came from reading Peanut Butter Fingers– a health, fitness, and fun blog. I look forward to this post every Friday and am going to give it a go myself. So, here goes!
1) Living Room Yoga – I have really gotten out of my yoga habit since school started and I have missed it so much!! I’ve been running, but my body has missed the stretching and strengthening. So, I decided to bring the yoga to my living room! I found a 22 minute class On Demand & cranked up some Lorde radio. I am not impressed with the yoga series, but I just needed a guide to remind me of my regular routine. This will do until I can get my behind into the studio! My favorite part of living room yoga is this guy:
This brings a whole new meaning to downward dog! Or is this puppy pose?
2) Persevering with a Book! –I began reading this book, So Much Pretty by Cara Hoffman way too long ago. I was so distracted by school and she was a new author. I get stuck on the same authors and find it hard to venture out. I am a creature of habit. Her writing is a little too high level after a full day of teaching 10 year olds So, I put it down and picked it back up for too long and too many times. As a result, it felt like nothing was happening. Well, lo and behold, it did pick up and was really good! There were so many small meaningful details that I had to piece back through the novel to pick up all the little parts I missed when I thought nothing was happening!
3) New Year’s Eve House Parties!- Ryan, Titan, and I had such a cozy New Year’s Eve. Don’t let them fool you! They LOVE their hats! My two studs!
4) Contact Lens Case Drying Mat- (or washcloths) This is probably the best $2.99 (each) I’ve spent all month! I found two of these washcloths at Ross on New Year’s Day and had to buy them. I love the gray stripes and blue polka dots design. If they had a whole towel set, I definitely would have bought it! But I will settle for the “Contact Lens Case Drying Mat.”
5) Bookagram- I am so excited about one of my newest products on Teachers Pay Teachers! It is a social media style Book Recommendation for students after they finish a book. I cannot wait to share with my 4th Graders on Tuesday! They are going to LOVE it! I need to make a Bookagram for the display area in my classroom! Once I figure that out I’ll be sure to post classroom pics! If you are interested in this product, please click here.
Well, there it is folks! I would love to hear what you are loving this Friday. If you are a teacher, there is the unspoken obvious one- having the past 2 weeks off!!! WOOHOO! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!!!